Email A Friend
The Controls Engineer is responsible for the design and detail engineering required to satisfy customer requirements, specifications and relevant codes and regulations; identifying and specifying purchased motor and drives and other electrical components/equipment; and documenting the equipment and processes involved.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Specify and design electrical controls/control systems for company products including motors, drives, electrical cabinet/enclosures, T/C, transducers, wiring, etc.
- Write PLC, HMI, PC and other control programs using various software
- Create, sequence of operations, control schematics and control panel layout drawings using CAD software for use in customer proposals and manufacturing.
- Create bills of material and routings for use in cost estimates and manufacturing
- Perform electrical computations for sizing electrical components
- Provide technical support to shop personnel during manufacturing
- Provide field support of Company products as required
MINOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Support sales engineers
- Customer/Vendor communications
- Domestic and International travel (up to 25%) for installation start-up and troubleshooting
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- Minimum of 5 years of experience is required
- In absence of a bachelor’s degree, 10 or more years of relevant experience is required
- Required experience with AB, RSLogix 5000, RSLink, Panelview Plus, Factory Talk Studio ME, Wonderware
- Required experience with CAD (AutoCAD, Solidworks, Etc.)
- Other desired experience: Siemens Step 7, Siemens Portal, Reliance Drives, Rockwell Drives, Yaskawa Drives